Every house and every family is a completely different world. Therefore, not all colors of blinds will be beneficial for our home. We have to choose the one that matches the style of our home the most.
However, it is not always such a simple decision. Especially, because there are so many colors and patterns available that we don’t know which one to choose.
Therefore, we bring you some tips that you can take into account to make choosing the color of the blinds easier.
How to choose the right color for your blinds
The color of the blinds is not only influenced by the atmosphere of the room where you are going to place them. You must take into account the type of blind you are going to choose and the fabric of the blinds. Since the shade can vary depending on the amount of light that will enter the room, as well as the type of fabric.
In general, there are three types of blinds. Translucent, opaque and screen blinds. The translucent ones allow a better entrance of illumination. And because of its characteristic, the fabric is a little more transparent. The opaque models, on the other hand, have a double fabric that prevents the entry of lighting. Therefore, it does not have the transparency of the previous models. And the screen blinds vary between the previous models. Sometimes they can be more transparent and sometimes more opaque because you can regulate the amount of lighting that can pass.
You should also take into account the weave of the fabric of the blinds. Linen, for example, gives a rather elegant touch to the home, but they are usually quite translucent compared to the other models.
Dare with colored blinds
Most people use white blinds because they go well with any room. Plus, that neutral color is quite nice. And there’s not much worry about matching the style of the room, because they almost always fit.
And although white blinds give a pretty calm and sober tone to the room, you could also opt for blinds in other colors. There are many other colors that could go very well with the style of the room. And give a break or reinforce the style of the room. There are many colors available.
How to match colors for blinds
There are different things to consider when matching the colors of a room for blinds. The color of the blinds plays a very important role because they can help contrast or continue the colors of the room.
Playing with the different combinations that exist in the chromatic circle is a great help to know how to combine colors. In general, we give you three recommendations:
Monochromatic combination. As its name suggests, the combination is based on a single color, but with different shades. The idea is to choose a main color that predominates, and from there, choose the different shades to combine. For example, we can choose white as the main color and then apply various shades. The blinds can carry this main color or any of the shades. It is perfect for simple decorations.
Analogous combination. Analogous colors are three colors that are found together in the chromatic circle. For this combination, we will have to use some online tool to see the analogous colors that we like the most. On the web, there are many tools that allow us to do this automatically. At this point, the blinds can carry any of the three colors we choose in the combination.
Complementary combination. The complementary combination are colors that are different from each other, but that are located opposite each other in the chromatic circle. This is a very attractive and striking combination. Because it combines well all the colors.
In any of the three cases, the important thing is that you apply these principles to choose blinds that match the colors you already have in the room.
Tips for choosing colors of blinds
In addition to what we showed you above, we show you other tips that will help you choose the color of the blinds for your home.
The color of the blinds depending on the size of the room
The size of the room plays a very important role when choosing the color of both the blinds and the rest of the room. Since, depending on the color, the room can feel larger or smaller.
- Small rooms. For small rooms, we recommend white and beige. The reason is simple: these colors give a feeling of spaciousness in the room. Placing dark colors in small rooms will only make the place feel smaller.
- Large rooms. Larger rooms do allow us to play with different types of colors, since we do not run the risk of feeling like amateurs with the feeling of a narrow room. Therefore, they allow a better contrast between the colors we are going to use. It also allows you to implement blinds with prints. They look great.
The color of the blinds will depend on the color of the walls.
The color of the walls is critical in determining the color of the blinds. A bad combination can only cause the room to feel overloaded.
The trick is the contrast you want to achieve in the room. For example,
- Dark colored walls. Dark colored walls such as blue (even if it is not a dark shade) look best with blinds in white, beige or a similar shade. It forms a calming contrast. Using another similar color only overloads the environment.
- White walls or light shades. If the walls are white, you can use any color in the blinds. Since they form a perfect contrast without tiring the eye.
- Walls of intense colors. Here we include yellow, green or orange. Choose colors that bring freshness. For example, yellow walls combine very well with soft orange or fresh greens.
The color of the blinds depends on the accessories in the room.
The color of the blinds also depends on the accessories you have in the room.
The size, shape and color of these accessories can influence the color we want to choose. In addition, the accessories in a living room are not the same as in a bedroom. These are the colors that we recommend depending on the complement:
- For bedroom decorations. In bedrooms, neutral tones are the best option. However, we could also use dark tones. But as long as there is good lighting during the day.
- For living rooms and lounges. The upholstery and the colors of the furniture influence the color of the blinds.
- For children’s rooms. Bright and cheerful colors are an excellent choice for children’s rooms. Electric blues, apple greens, pastels, soft pinks and similar colors look great.
- For bathrooms. Brown, gray, navy blue and opaque colors are perfect for bathrooms. Because they prevent visibility from the outside.
The color of the blinds according to the type of furniture you have.
The furniture also plays a very important role in the color of the blinds. The design, print and pattern influence the color of the blinds. Also, for furniture with stripes or very bright patterns, it is better to use blinds without patterns and with more neutral colors.
Estores Málaga, perteneciente al grupo FACTORY COLORS TEXTIL SL, ofrece una amplia gama de estores y cortinas de alta calidad. La empresa se dedica a dar salida comercial a los excedentes de fabricación producidos por los principales fabricantes del sector Textil-Hogar. Estores Málaga ofrece una gran variedad de productos, desde estores enrollables hasta cortinas tradicionales, pasando por venecianas, cortinas plegables y paneles japoneses.