Thermal blinds are blinds specially designed to protect a room from the outside temperature. In that sense, thermal blinds fulfill two functions. During sunny days and especially in summer, they prevent the sun’s rays from entering our house. Since the fabric does not overheat with external heat, the room stays cooler. They perform a similar function on the coldest days of the year. They function as insulators that prevent the cold from the outside from penetrating into our home.
Thermal blinds can fulfill this function thanks to the fact that they are composed of PVC coated fiberglass yarns or PVC yarns coated with fiberglass. Fiberglass works as an insulator, which is why it is used in many buildings.
The best blinds to conserve heat
Heat-conserving blinds are in great demand in offices or meeting rooms. Especially since many of these are cold and do not have external blinds.
So the blinds to conserve heat are excellent for maintaining a good temperature, especially on colder days. These blinds are also made of fiberglass.
- Thermal blinds with blackout lining. Indoor or opaque thermal blinds are designed to completely block the passage of sunlight. They contain up to 25% fiberglass. And they come in various colors: gray, beige, navy blue and green.
- EcoScreen blinds. These blinds contain 36% fiberglass. They usually come in neutral tones. They have several advantages. For example, they come in various decorative styles. In addition, they have different degrees of openness that allow varying the thickness and transparency between 1% to 10%.
- Double blinds. This type of blinds provide total darkness with opaque fabric and a good entry of light with the screen fabric. Both fabrics are made of fiberglass. It is perfect for houses made of stone that are usually very cold.
- Exterior thermal blinds. The screen twill are perfect thermal blinds that serve as insulators. They are designed to be installed outdoors. Its material is resistant enough to withstand any weather conditions.
Thermal roller blinds
In the market we can also find many thermal blinds that are rollable. They fulfill exactly the same function as the others. But with the advantage that they can be rolled up whenever we want.
Types of thermal blinds
Basically, we have already named them in the previous point. There are three main types of thermal blinds:
- Screen thermal blinds. They are designed to preserve the light in the room.
- Opaque thermal blinds. These have the opposite function to the previous ones. They are designed to stop the entry of light.
- Translucent thermal blinds. They have a translucent fabric. They allow some light to pass through, but the fabric is not transparent. So, although they allow light to enter, they prevent visibility from the outside.
What are the advantages of thermal blinds over classic blinds?
The main advantage of thermal blinds over classic blinds is their thermal capacity. As they are made of fiberglass, they have the ability to prevent the outside temperature from affecting the room in which they are located.
In that sense, they are perfect for regulating the temperature inside. It can help us to conserve heat in the coldest times of the year or in buildings that tend to be cold due to their material or location. And they also protect the interior from sunlight and the heat that is produced as a result.
The other direct benefit is that it reduces the amount of light that we have to spend to keep our room at a comfortable temperature. Since thermal blinds are very helpful.
Estores Málaga, perteneciente al grupo FACTORY COLORS TEXTIL SL, ofrece una amplia gama de estores y cortinas de alta calidad. La empresa se dedica a dar salida comercial a los excedentes de fabricación producidos por los principales fabricantes del sector Textil-Hogar. Estores Málaga ofrece una gran variedad de productos, desde estores enrollables hasta cortinas tradicionales, pasando por venecianas, cortinas plegables y paneles japoneses.